FTP (FileTransferProtocol - File Transfer Protocol) is the protocol used to remotely transfer files from one computer to a server and vice versa through a client such as filezilla or smartftp .
Tasks that we can perform in addition to transferring files to and from the server are deleting server files and changing permissions.
H transfer files as binary (binary) or ASCII and this service is available, as long as you have internet connection.
To log in to your FTP service, you first need to have access to the username / password that is currently available in your email activation server.
Here are two examples of how to connect to the ftp service using the two most popular logins, filezilla and martftp .
First download and install filezilla on your computer client
Open Filezilla and make the connection according to the following steps.
1. Select File -> Site Manager
2. Add a new site and login information by stating the following on the General tab .
- NewSite (under the mysites, state your site )
- In the Host field , state ftp.yourdomain.gr (where yourdomain.gr you register your own domain )
- In Port state 21 which is the default.
- At Encryption select Only Use Plain Ftp
- In Logon Type select Normal
- In the User field, state what we have sent you to the e- mail activation server on New account information
- In the Password field, state what we have sent you to the e- mail activation server on the topic New account information
- Finally, select Connect , log in and transfer your files by dragging and dropping to the root folder that appears in the right window of Filezilla . You can also use copy and paste .
First download Smartftp client
After you download and install it, open it and log in as follows.
- In the Address field declare ftp.yourdomain.gr (where yourdomain.gr you register your own domain )
- In the Login field, state what we have sent you to the e- mail activation link on New account information.
- In the field Password indicate what you have sent to the e mail hosting activation on New account information.
- At Port leave it 21 that is the default one.
- Finally, click the arrow (4) to the right of the Address .
If you are using the latest version of Smartftp, open it and click on the connection
In the new dialog box, state the following:
1. ftp.yourdomain.gr (where yourdomain.gr, register your domain name).
2. State the username of your ftp service (you can find it in the activation email on " New account information ").
3. State the Password of your ftp service (you can find it in the activation email on " New account information ").
4. Click OK .